This week on Freedom-Cast Miranda and I share our thoughts on Procrastination: Why it should be avoided at times and celebrated other times. It’s true you don’t want to save everything until the last minute, but some things are better if you wait.
Here are some of the topics we covered in this Podcast episode:
- Batching: what the heck is it and how do you do it?
- Tomorrow syndrome: Why do we always think we will feel better about doing something tomorrow? Isn’t it crazy how easy it is to say “I’ll do that tomorrow” When it’s something you can definitely accomplish today? And every time tomorrow comes it will then be today and we won’t feel like doing it. We think (ourselves included of course) that for some magical reason tomorrow will be the day we will feel like accomplishing the task.
- Our oil change woes with the car. We procrastinated big time with this, and didn’t feel any negative effects. Sometimes it’s okay to procrastinate and not sweat the small stuff.
- Another way to motivate yourself to avoid procrastination to give yourself rewards.
- To avoid feeling stuck in a task and wanting to procrastinate, change your environment, go to a Starbucks or a Panera Bread. It can be a huge help to get away for a bit and then get back to it.
- If there is a small task in front of you JUST DO IT. Don’t waste too much time deliberating and just complete the task.
- It all depends on personality and how you function. Get things done and get past the small stuff.
- Jordan’s wisdom bomb turned into a piece of shrapnel but Miranda saved it! If there is something you want to do someday then make a plan to do it, but don’t feel bad if it never happens. We all should have goals that we might never accomplish.
Thanks for listening and have a great rest of your day!
-Jordan and Miranda