We are doing something a little bit different today, so stand by for some pretty cool stuff.
One of our good friends Jenny Moates (who was on a previous episode with us) is running for LLS Man/Woman of the year in the Charlotte area. We are proud to be on her team, and are doing our best to help her reach her goal of raising 75k by June 2nd 2018.
Jenny got us connected with Nicole Yudin, who is the mother of the LLS boy of the year Zach Yudin. Below you can see Nicole with Zach and older brother Josh. 🙂
Here are the highlights from the episode:
- Nicole tells her story and how she got involved with LLS and what it means to her.
- A little bit about Zach’s story and the trials they went through.
- How much of a support her husband Steve was throughout the process, and how they became even closer through the trials.
- She worked it out so she has times to get out and play tennis and made sure to focus on her own mental health so she would be able to have the energy to do what needed to be done.
- How her strong marriage helped the family overcome this obstacle.
- Zach has been in remission since June 2017! Praise the lord and keep on praying for his health and continued remission for him.
- Get out there, take action and do what you can so we can eventually prevent all future children from having to fight cancer. Together, we can bring awareness and make a huge difference!
The link to donate to the cause is here: http://www.jmring.com/supportlls/
Every dollar helps.
Will you join us in this endeavor?
Thanks for listening!
-Jordan and Miranda
*More on the LLS-
“The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Man & Woman of the Year campaign brings together influential and compassionate leaders in the community to raise critical funds for blood cancer research, advocacy and patient care. Each year candidates form teams made up of friends, family and colleagues to compete in their local community for the title of Man or Woman of the Year.”