This video will teach you how to begin to discover your life purpose with the Ikigai. It will get the wheels churning in your head about what is possible for YOU.
To really dive in, my book, Catalyze Your Destiny, is your ticket to finally living the life you KNOW you are capable of. Your Destiny awaits: https://www.jmring.com/catalyze-your-…
The book even includes a full Ikigai worksheet to help you get started. 🤩
The four parts of your Ikigai are:
1) What you love to do 💖
2) What the world needs 🌎
3) What you’re actually good at 💪
4) What you can get paid for 💰
The bottom line? When what you do fills you with passion and contentment, is something the world desperately needs, you’re great at it (or can learn to get better), and you can get paid to do it, you will fulfil your true purpose.
This simplified approach to the nebulous and individualistic topic of purpose isn’t perfect, but it’s a beginning. It’s a way for you to develop your unique potential. It’s how you can use your skills, strengths, and tendencies to make a lasting impact and enjoy life.
I can’t fill out your personal Ikigai for you. You have some tough work ahead of you, but it will be worth it.
💖 Five Questions to Bring Passion Alive 💖
1) What makes you laugh? Laughter is good for the soul. Consider TV shows you love or humorous books. What moments particularly stand out that you could repeat?
2) What’s your favorite activity? Is this activity something you could help others with? This question will help you bridge the gap and connect the dots to the other points of purpose.
3) What would you do if you could do anything? Blow the cap off your capacity by thinking of wild possibilities.
4) Picture a favorite memory or two. What brings a smile to your face? Could you recreate this moment?
5) When do you feel most alive and in the flow?
🌎 Five Facts about the World 🌎
The world needs you to live out your purpose. There are many problems, but we will improve exponentially if more people do what they are meant to do.
1) 775 million people can’t read.
2) 1 in 3 people don’t have access to safe drinking water
3) 2 billion people don’t have access to proper sanitation
4) 1.3 billion still live in poverty according to the Multidimensional Poverty Index
5) As of this writing, 4.55 million people have died from the COVID-19 pandemic. And the numbers keep going up.
When pondering how you can help the world, focus on what stirs your heart. What deeply troubles you?
💰 Five Strategies to Finally Get Paid 💰
1) Focus on one thing and become great at it.
2) Build an online platform
3) Find a side hustle (or two) and work to support your Ikigai
4) Make a list of everything you’ve ever been paid to do. What stands out? Can you use any of these items to make more money by sharing your strategies online somehow?
5) Help one person. Help one person improve in an area of your expertise. Do it for free but ask questions about how you can be even better.
💪 Five Ways to Determine Personal Strengths and Skills 💪
1) Start with a five-minute brain dump. Write down everything you can think of that you’re good at. Don’t limit your thinking by comparing answers to the other Ikigai points, we’ll do that later.
2) Use any of the self-discovery tools listed here: INSERT PLAYLIST. Both the MBTI and CliftonStrengths are great starting points for what you are naturally good at. Dig in and get to know more about your type and strengths and what makes you uniquely awesome.
3) Ask a friend or two what they think you’re good at.
4) Dig deeper: Think of three to four of your major life points (wedding, college, high school, etc.). What were you good at then? What did you most enjoy about those times?
5) Think about what you’re good at in school, at home, at work, when hanging out with friends, when you’re happy, or when you’re sad. Think about what you’re doing when you’re in the flow and time passes by like a lightning bolt. Imagine the moments of sheer joy and consider why you experienced that emotion.
🧙👍 ✨ If you liked this video, I have two freebies to share with you:
🔥 Unlock secrets to your personal identity here. Use 15 self-discovery tools to build your personal blueprint: https://jmring.lpages.co/get-to-know-…
🔥 Grab your free guide to make progress your #1 goal in 90 days! https://www.jmring.com/free-90-day-ac…
This free guide includes five templates you can use right away to take action no matter your planning style:
1) Trello Board: Sign into your free account and select “copy board” from the menu.
2) 90 Day Plan PDF
3) Action Plan Template Excel file
4) Updated 90 Day Plan Word Doc
5) Google Document link
What is stopping you from reaching your goals today? Let me know in the comments below and I might make your question my next video!
All the best,