Welcome to the 16th Episode of Freedom-Cast: Leaving Normal Behind. In this episode we introduce Justine “J-Boss” Hulsey. She may be Miranda’s sister, but boy does she have an interesting story to tell.
From film, to radio, to a mix of both, we go heavy on entertainment, but also learn some life lessons along the way.
We talked to J-Boss about:
- Tell us about your job at the radio station, how long have you worked there and what are your favorite parts about the job?
- She works at 98 rock radio station and does video for them. She also took a helicopter ride and even went to Travis Pastrana’s house you know, just for fun.
- How did you find out that you had a passion for film?
- It was Miranda’s fault! All of the home videos they made, oh man I am going to share it here because it’s amazing. I can’t help it!! See below for the most blackymaily-esk-video you will ever see. The sound quality is terrible. You have been warned.
- What are your top 3 favorite movies?
- Run Lola Run
- Baby Driver
- Forest Gump
- What video work that you’ve done are you most proud of?
- A project she did for college. You will have to listen to this one, good stuff.
- Tell us about some hurdles in your life that you’ve had to overcome.
- Graduating and having to work a full time job throughout.
- What are some of your long-term goals?
- Needs to revisit, but also enjoy getting to this part of her life.
- What piece of advice would you give our listeners?
- Do your best and forget the rest.
- Treat every project like it’s your baby.
- There is no equation for life, be yourself and make your own destiny. Go after what you want.
- Floss and to wear your retainer because dental work is expensive.
- Where can people find you to get more information about yourself?
Thanks for listening!
-Jordan, Miranda, and J-Boss