This post will share the best resources from around the web (that I know of) for writing, publishing, and marketing your book. For an explanation on best practices for each step of the self publishing process, I catalog that here for you.
Writing Links and Resources
Writing your book is the easiest part of the whole process. Yah I said it… Getting a manuscript from nothing, to rough draft, to final copy is indeed hard work, but marketing is where the rubber meets the road.
But, we do need to get the book together before we sell it right? Here are the best resources out there that will help you accomplish this purpose:
- 11 Things To Write About When You Don’t Know What to Write About
- How To Write A Non-Fiction Book: A Step By Step Guide
- Templates to Outline your Nonfiction Book
- A Skeleton file courtesy of Archangel Ink to write from the ground up with formatting in mind
- For more on How to Write a Book check out this in depth post by Bryan Collins
- Best Book Writing Software
- How to Write a Book: Everything You Need to Know in 20 Steps
- Archangel Ink Publishing Services: These guys are the best. I happen to work for them in marketing, but they do cover design, ghostwriting, editing, formatting, and more.
- For making print books use Createspace
- Use Draft2Digital to publish your books outside of Amazon, if you choose to do so.
- Start Here: How to Self-Publish Your Book
- How to create your own book cover
- Book Cover Design Options
- The 100 Most Creative Book Cover Ideas
- Yes, You Can Record Your Own Audiobook. Here’s How
Here are the best resources for book marketing. It’s the most difficult part of self-publishing, and as such get’s more resources:
- How to Create a Giveaway Campaign for Your Book Launch
- KDP Rocket: This is the keyword idea generating program by Dave Chesson. It is also a fantastic way to find similar books in your genre and see how they are performing in the Kindle Store. It is a way to determine categories as well. Worth every penny.
- Gmass: For email follow ups.
- ConvertKit: For use as a means of collecting an email list, and sending emails to that list. Love this service.
- Book Launch Gladiator Online Course: I created this course specifically for newbie authors to give them a leg up in the fierce Kindle marketplace. It is a battleground, and I want people to be equipped to enter the arena.
- Other Self Publishing Course options to try.
- Getting book reviews: This is a link to my free course on Udemy that shows you exactly how to get book reviews
- How to choose the best Kindle CategoriesBook Description Generator: This is another tool from Dave Chesson, but I use it all the time.
- Here is a list of the best eBook promotion sites.
- AMS Ads Case Study
- Also don’t forget to sign up for access to the free trello board that accompanies my Book Launch Gladiator book. It’s a free bonus upgrade that will help you plan your launch nicely.